Kaleigh Elizabeth Cronin (born April 12, 1989) was a former ZOOMer from the show's 3rd and 4th seasons of the 1999 revived version of "ZOOM". She goes by the nickname Kale.
Kaleigh is currently residing in New York City as a Broadway actress. She can play the Saxophone, and is a beginner Guitarist. Her training includes Jazz, Tap and Ballet, Musical Theater Classes, Vocal Instruction, Member of Select Jazz Choir, All State Honors Jazz Chorus.
My nickname is Kales. I love to have fun and be silly with my friends. If you asked other ZOOMers to describe me, I think they'd say I'm brave, adventurous, grounded and fun to play with. I live with my mom, my dad, and my eight-year-old sister. My favorite thing about school is my teacher, but I also really like science and math classes. Hobbies? Let's see... soccer, basketball, singing, dancing and playing the saxophone. On the ZOOMset, I'm famous for my Britney Spears in Ubbi Dubbi impressions! When I'm not at CafeZOOM chewing on Chocolate Bowls, you can probably find me eating a bowl of mac and cheese! My favorite ZOOMactivity is ZOOMplayhouse. When I cruise the web, I'm sure to make a stop at the ZOOMer 101 Quiz to test my own ZOOMer knowledge! And to all the ZOOMers out there: I'm really glad you enjoy watching ZOOM. It is so much fun to make. The ZOOMactivities are great, and I hope you enjoy playing them at home. Thanks for tuning in!
- I have two hamsters, Jack and Broderick.
- Basketball and Soccer are my favorite.
Outfits she wore on ZOOMEdit
Kaleigh wore a green and aqua blue long sleeved tie-dye shirt with an aqua blue shape located at the stomach. She also wore blue overalls.
Kaleigh wore a blue plaid shirt over a green top.
Trivia / Where Are They NowEdit
- Kaleigh has been performing since the age of 5. Following her journey with ZOOM, she continued to perform in shows at the Palace Theatre in Manchester, New Hampshire (where she's originally from). She graduated from Manchester Central High School in Manchester, NH in 2007 and graduated from Carnegie Mellon University in 2011 with a BFA in Musical Theatre.
- One month after graduating from Carnegie Mellon, Kaleigh was cast as "Lorraine & Others" on the Second National Tour of the Tony Award winning Musical Jersey Boys where she traveled across North America for 2 years. She later returned to the company for a few months to fill in for an injured cast member in June 2016.
- Kaleigh made her Broadway Debut as "Lulu" in the returning engagement of the 1998 Tony Award winning Roundabout Theatre Company production of Cabaret at Studio 54 starring Tony winner Alan Cumming as the Emcee. She also understudied and went on for Michelle Williams, Emma Stone, and Sienna Miller during the run as "Sally Bowles". The production itself began preview performances on March 21st, 2014, opened on April 24th, 2014, and ran till March 29th, 2015.
- Kaleigh is currently appearing on Broadway in the Ensemble of the musical adaptation of A Bronx Tale (produced and co-directed by Robert De Niro) at the Longacre Theatre. Previews began November 3rd, 2016 and opened on December 1st, 2016.
- Kaleigh is currently married to Broadway musician John De Simini, whom she met on the National Tour of Jersey Boys.
- On her Instagram, she refers to herself as "that redhead from "ZOOM".
- Kaleigh was a ZOOMer in season 3 from 2001 and season 4 from 2002.
- Kaleigh appeared on a special episode of ZOOM titled "ZOOM: America's Kids Remember".
- Kaleigh knew everyone who showed up for this special episode except for Alisa Besher who left after the show's 2nd season. However, they only met once.